A very simple thought to consider today:
Somewhere there is a past you overflowing with so much pride –
looking at how far you’ve come.
I love this!
Yesterday I mentioned that I did a little audit of how my October was. A few stats:
- I try to write 2500 to 5000 words per day. I missed eight days (but was out of town and traveling non-stop during those eight days).
- I wrote 63,483 words in October. This averages to 2760 words per day.
- I edited 158,604 words in October. This averages to 6895 words per day.
- I published 8 different books on Amazon (I have several different pen names for various genres).
- The Successful Musician Mindset was #1 on Amazon’s Hot New Releases for Music Business books within 24 hours of its release. It’s on sale now for just $0.99 on Amazon! As I write this, it is currently #72 in Music Business books store-wide (but that changes every hour or so).
- Twenty four days ago I launched this website and a daily blog. I have not missed a single day of daily blogging (that’s really hard, y’all!).
- I joined Instagram and Twitter around the start of the month. That has been a fun way to connect with other writers, readers and creative folks. Also – my Twitter feed is mostly just my obsessive re-tweets of baby animals. LOL.
- I set a very, very, VERY modest financial goal from my writing for the month of October: I made just over 4 times the goal. Trust me when I say: it was verrrrrry modest – but it felt good to blow past it!
I’m excited about November! I am about a quarter of the way done on a very strange, pulp-thriller that will be novel length (I’m shooting for about 350 pages). Should be done with that by the middle of November.
Here’s to fresh beginnings and the promise of each new day!
PS: Today is Daily Blog #24.